Monday 19 February 2018

Memory Portfolios

Last year we seemed to have acquired a lot of bought photos of the girls via schools and other places, so I thought it would be nice to create an album for the grandparents of them all.  We have emailed them over as well, but sometimes having a physical item to display is best for grandparents!  I have heard of 'bragging' books, folders that can be carried around and shown off as needed, however I wanted something bigger.  I searched on You Tube and found a project I liked here, but I
have a short attention span so haven't watched the whole tutorial, only the bit that gave me the dimensions.

Here is my first stage completed (I am making three sets), I find this part easy, just cutting and gluing cardstock to size.  One folder and 7 6x4 inserts, that I have covered in DSP on both sides.



Once I had added my photo's I added the context to the photos by printing off the details (who's who and where).  I did add a little bit of stamping to each insert, but I have to say I struggle with the finishing details a little.  I wanted to let the DSP shine in these projects as well as the photos, which is why I decided not to add to much detail.

Here is the finished project:




I punched a hole through the top corner of the photo inserts and tied a ribbon through them, but other than that they are loose within the portfolio.  To secure the folio, I used velcro dots.

Product List

No comments: