Monday 12 February 2018

Valentine's Day Part II

So, I don't normally go OTT on Valentine's Day - I am not particularly romantic, however my Husband can be.  This year I have actually made him a card before the actual day and I have bought him a present!

So, feeling chuffed and righteous I decided to make my girls and my Mum a Valentine's gift (I know, steady on!).  I found a tutorial on You Tube on making matchstick boxes posted about 4 years ago by a demonstrator called Diane Dimich.  I thought they looked really cute and just the right size for a couple of chocolates.


I decorated them with hearts using the Lots to Love box dies and scraps of glimmer and foiled cardstock and a few bits of ribbon.

You use a 6x6 piece of cardstock the envelope punch board to make the base of the box, and then just wrap the cardstock around to fit.  You also use the punch board to create the notch to open the draw, it is very clever.


I also added the  Sweet Soiree Ready Shreddie from the catalogue as well.  Overall I was really pleased with this project and I hope the girls like it as well

Product List

No comments: