Thursday 8 February 2018

Brusho and Embossing Paste

Just a re-cap on my video yesterday featuring the two new embossing pastes in the Occasions Catalogue and the Brusho's.

You can mix the Brusho's in either paste and get different effects.  I find the Silver paste (depending on the strength and colour used) gives a pearlescent look, while the shimmery paste and Brusho is just full on glitz and glam.  I find with the Silver embossing paste that the Brusho's sink when it is drying, so that it looks slightly more silver on top, however you can still see the colour change.

My tips for die-cutting, are ensure the card is thoroughly dry as the fibres in the card may not cut cleanly if still damp (check the top and the underneath of the card).  I find leaving them overnight is best.  With the Shimmery Embossing paste I also place a piece of copier paper between the paste and the top plate (or whichever plate meets the paste side of die-cutting machine 'sandwich'), this protects the plate so it doesn't get contaminated with glitter.

Here is the card I made for the video.


Video can be found here:





Product List

No comments: