Wednesday 25 October 2017

Halloween 4....

This is my last post on Halloween, I have really enjoyed this series of posts, as Halloween isn't a holiday I would normally focus on. My children enjoy Trick or Treating (well the sweets anyway), I am not so keen on knocking on strangers houses! However, it has become quite a nice way of meeting neighbours and new people in the area.

I also have a stall at a Halloween Fun day, organised to raise funds for a local charity. All the items you have seen over the past month will be available for sale, as well as having the opportunity to find out more about Stampin' Up, the classes I hold and how you can be involved. 

This week I focused on the Pick a Pumpkin bundle, this is a stamp and die set. I love this die set particularly for two dies (well I like all the pumpkin dies as well, but....) which are the delicate little pumpkin vine dies as they make beautiful flourishes on any card. I have used them with the Champagne Sheets to add delicate details under other dies or on corners of toppers. 

I do also like the foliage dies in here as well, mainly because I didn't have leaves and branches in dies before, and foliage is one of the must haves with dies, brilliant for just adding that finishing detail. Here I decorated the little 2x2" acetate with DSP and die-cut the detailed pumpkin die and the vines from contrasting DSP. I also covered amply with Wink of Stella (Clear) - but its hard to see in the 
picture. 

 

Here is an example of those little foliage and vine dies in a thank you card.  Not Halloween or really autumnal in style.  Try mixing the colours up and see what styles you get.



 I love the acetate boxes, so useful for little treats. Here I made a little holder for three pencils and decorated with the pumpkins and their cheeky faces, very easy to stamp and die-cut. I also used the gorgeous new Black Gems, I hope these continue as they are amazing for projects like this. I can also see them being used in monochrome cards and projects.

 

I hope you loved this series and it would be great to hear any feedback you have. During November I will be looking at Christmas cards (obvious I know). 

My next Workshops are on November 3rd and 7th. Please book by Friday 27th October. 

I have a special class based on the new Stampin' Blends on Wednesday 8th November (Sorry the date was wrong in the Newsletter). Booking closes on November 1st.

Easy Peasy Memory Keeping is on Monday 13th November at 7pm, booking closes on Monday 6th November.

Kit Saturday is on the 18th November and concentrates on the the Watercolour Christmas kit, booking closes on the 11th November.

Product List

No comments: